True K2 is a family of high purity, guaranteed Trans isomer (active form) vitamin K2 products.
Most companies ONLY tell you the TOTAL K2 in their product, active and inactive.
WE tell you how much ACTIVE K2 is in OUR True K2.
It took me 4 years of research, searching and many rejected samples before I was able to find this beautiful vitamin K2. I thought finding K2 would be simple to source, but I was astounded at the shear volume of low quality vitamin K2 on the market, to the point I'm convinced this is a systemic problem. While researching this product I made a shocking discovery. Over 90% of the samples tested either did not contain any Trans isomer or had significantly less Trans isomer than stated by the manufacturer. This is important, because only the Trans isomer form is biologically active. The inactive Cis isomer form is found to some degree in all K2 products, the problem, Cis isomer K2 is easy to produce, hard to filter out and not required to be stipulated on the label. As a result, MOST companies cheat and only disclose the total K2 content of their product and not the active content. The second problem common in the industry is stability, or the degradation of the Trans isomer over time. According to an industry review as well as my personal testing, over 60% of the retail K2 supplements were below 50% of the stated label value less than a year after manufacture. So even if the starting K2 concentrate was of high quality, how it is handled during the manufacturing process and what it is mixed with are both VERY important.
We GUARANTEE a full, as labeled yield, of Trans isomer vitamin K2 up to 3 years after the date of manufacture. We test every batch for active Trans isomer K2, adjust for any variations we may find and use our strict proprietary process to yield a stable, high performing Truly Active Vitamin K2.
We offer THREE different types of True K2. MK4 alone, Mk4/Mk7 blend and Mk7 alone.
Which one should you use? Here are some quick facts to help you decide.
K2-Mk4 Properties and Benefits:
- Easily Absorbed.
- Rapidly distributes through the body in 2-4 hours.
- Has a very short half life in the blood. Only 2-4 hours.
- Most abundant form in the body.
- Frequent dosing (2-3 times per day) required for best results.
- Works best at doses above 10mg per day.
- The only form active in the nervous system.
- Helps regulate nerve cell membrane structure through vitamin K dependent proteins.
- Helps regulate nerve inflammatory response, particularly in the brain.
- Reduces oxidative stress in the nervous system.
- MK-4 crosses the placental barrier and may be important in neurological, bone and dental development of the fetus.
- Human breast milk only contains Mk-4.
- The most scientifically studied for bone health.
K2-Mk7 Properties and Benefits:
- Absorbs faster than Mk4.
- The body can convert Mk7 into Mk4, Mk8, Mk9 and Mk10.
- Studies have shown that Mk7 supplementation is more effective than Mk4 supplementation at increasing liver Mk4 levels.
- Fourth most abundant form in the body.
- Most abundant form in the blood.
- Has a long half life in the blood of 2-3 days.
- Low doses (50-500mcg per day) needed to see benefits.
- Mk7 more effectively activates the carboxylation of osteocalcin and does so in a more stable way.
- Studies suggest Mk7 may be more effective than Mk4 for bone density and the maintenance of blood calcium.
- Studies suggest Mk7 may have a more significant impact on reversing arterial sclerosis and arterial stiffness than Mk4.